|УКРАЇНСЬКА||NEWS · ABOUT · CONTACTS|
|QUARTERS||OBJECTS||ARCHITECTS||CONTRACTORS||MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES||WORKSHOP|
Petro Sova was a city head adviser in Uzhhorod at Czechoslovakian period and the first city mayor at postwar times. He was a known regional ethnographer and Uzhhorod history researcher. Few places of Petro Sova residence are known, where he lived after arrival of Hungarians in 1938 and Soviet power in 1944.
However, we managed to find the initial family estate that was Petro Sova built at the times of the First Czechoslovakian republic. It was a house at the corner of Kapushanska and Lajos Koshut street, at the outlying district of Czechoslovakian private property area called Stary Rynok (Old Marketplace) that was owned by Svepomoc construction cooperative.
Petro Sova’s Villa was built in 1931-1932. The construction budget was 118 000 korunas. The facades of the building include acute-angled fascia typical for Art Deco style. A tin Neo-Baroque corner dome with a spire makes a bright accent at the building.
The building was designed and constructed by A. Pisсh a J. Hopta company that was owned by Anriy Pisch and Jula Hopta.
Petro Sova’s Villa
Years of construction
A. Pisсh a J. Hopta
48 Kapushanska St