|УКРАЇНСЬКА||NEWS · ABOUT · CONTACTS|
|QUARTERS||OBJECTS||ARCHITECTS||CONTRACTORS||MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES||WORKSHOP|
In 1936, Uzhhorod High School professor Stepan Petrus bought two land spots from Greek-Catholic Eparchy. It was a territory of former farm near the Cathedral. According to the documents from family archive containing the description of works for 1937, the villa was to be constructed in the street that did not yet had any name and was a sidelong to Luchkaya street. The building was designed by Andrej Vasko, and Ing. Lorand Herz company was construction contractor. The bricks were supplied from Keramos plant.
The corner building at the slope of Castle Mountain is of late Art Deco style and is vertically divided by three avant-corps. The corner rounded avant-corp is prolonged into gable with semi-circular ending that contains a round attic window. The side avant-corps are symmetric and end with high curvilinear gables that hide full-value mezzanines. Between the avant-corps windows of the first and second floors, there are floral ornaments performed in plaster. Similar reliefs are located over the fascia of other windows. The entrance to the building is set through a massive semicircular terrace with two stair flights – one from street gates and the other from the garden. The terrace with stairs and plinth are performed in faux stone technique.