|УКРАЇНСЬКА||NEWS · ABOUT · CONTACTS|
|QUARTERS||OBJECTS||ARCHITECTS||CONTRACTORS||MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES||WORKSHOP|
The building of Podkarpatska Rus Regional Court was designed in 1929 by Doctor of Architecture Adolf Liebscher, the professor of High Technical School of Brno. General construction works were completed in 1930-1931, and by the end of 1933 special and finishing works had been finalized.
The building is the second largest accent at Narodna Square after Regional Government building. The portal of Spiš travertine is decorated with allegoric statutes of a man and a woman. The symmetry of the entrance space is supported by Duplex-Prismat prismatic illumination windows system.
Wide flights of stairs are decorated using the faux stone technique. The authentic ceramic tiles manufactured by Czech company Rako are still preserved on the corridors floors.
The Regional Court building was designed in order to have a passage to the jail through internal courtyard formed by governmental and residential buildings of Maly Galagov.
Years of construction
5 Narodna Sq
Integrated protection zone of the urban planning monument of regional significance "Complex of Historical Building" (Maly Galagov)