|УКРАЇНСЬКА||NEWS · ABOUT · CONTACTS|
|QUARTERS||OBJECTS||ARCHITECTS||CONTRACTORS||MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES||WORKSHOP|
October 22, 1928, Czechoslovak state officers that did not have their own dwelling supported the initiative of governmental commissioner Jan Hrbek and created the Svepomoc Construction Cooperative S.R.О. For the token costs, the cooperative received a land spot from the city that took 80,000 sq.m and was located at the former marketplace. However, the cooperative was bound to perform parcelling of the territory, to build streets and pavements, to lay the sewerage system, etc.
Svepomoc houses construction lasted for two years, during 1929 and 1930s. Overall, 94 houses were built for 140 families of officials at this new residential quarter using the garden city concept. These were normally one-, two- or three-bedroom one-storey cottages with an attic. The houses were planned individually, and the plans were mainly developed by local architects or small architectural and construction firms.
At the time of new residential houses construction at the Old Market place, water supply and sewerage system was laid. In 1932, the side and the main streets were settled with their length of 1,450 and 536 m respectively. During 1933, the sidewalks were paved up. The best preserved part of fire hydrants network manufactured by an Enterprise of engineer Jaroslav Matička at Prague in 1930 can still be found at the territory of this small quarter which makes it a real reserve of city artefacts.